Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Doing the Craft Festivals!

Have done several shows, but have not had much luck. Not sure what the problems is, but I suspect a lot of it is the economy. People just don't have the money to spend on non-necessities. And I think we are going to have to pay more attention to what KIND of shows we are going to. The last two were a carnival type festival and a huge garage sale. The carnival we lost money on, and the garage sale I made a little, but not enough. Carnivals are not a good idea if you are wanting to sell anything except food or drink items. They did great, but people come to these types of things to relax, let the kids ride the rides and eat. They didn't even hardly look at the craft booths. Although the last day of the carnival, we stopped to get gas at our little One Stop store here in town and I bought a scratcher and won $100!!!! Whoo Hooo! So not making anything on that show wasn't quite so bad! LOL A couple I met at a show in Springfield are going to try to hook me up with a shop in Eureka Springs. It's more of a gallery type setting and they thought I might do well there with my embroidered pieces. I've sent the owners of the shop a message on their FB page, but haven't heard back from them yet. There is also a gallery in Springfield that sounds promising too. Need to check with them soon too. Think I'm going to head to bed, getting late and I'm tired! Hope you had a good and safe Labor Day weekend. Later, Judy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,
    My husband used Dawn dishwashing detergent and h20 to remove the grime. We found our handles at My knobs.com. I hope that helps!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete