Monday, April 21, 2014

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, perfect for Easter and Easter Egg hunts.  My neighbors on both sides had kiddies all over their yards.  It was fun watching them.  My little ones lived too far away to go see, but talked to my kids on the phone. One of my boys spent the weekend with me and went to church with me so it was good. 
I've been busy as usual making jewelry, if you haven't noticed by now I'm pretty eclectic on my taste in jewelry.  I love making Native American, woven, embroidered, etc.  I don't want to get tied down to any one kind. And I try not to make lots of similar pieces, although when you have to make up a large inventory for a big show, it's hard not to repeat yourself.  So then I try to change things around enough that it's still different. Using colors, sizes and shapes of beads, adding fringe or not, embellishments or not, it's easy to make each piece look a little different. That is shown here in these pieces which are basically the same patterns, just tweaked around a little.They are all made with Peyote stitch, and using twins, 8/0 seeds, Delica's and a little punch of bead embroidery make a big difference. Hope you enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment