Sunday, December 14, 2014

Catching up!

A lot has happened in the past two months.  For one thing, when I got home from SDC, I discovered I was literally sick of beading!!  I had worked so hard for so many months to get inventory built up that I was burned out.  I had absolutely no desire to even look at beads.
I did get my craft room changed, I moved it into an different bedroom that has much better natural light and was easier to arrange everything. I have room for my quilting table and material racks.  I have done a couple of quilt tops, but that's as far as I have gotten with them too. 
I have been fighting respiratory problems for the last couple of years, but had been blaming it all on my weight and inactive lifestyle.  (sitting, beading!!)   But around the middle of Nov. I had to realize it was more than that.  The doctor has diagnosed me with COPD.  Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis to be exact.  Then a couple weeks ago, I went to the grocery store to shop and apparently picked up a viral bug from someone.  Ended up in the ER with severe breathing problems.  Now I am on an antibiotic, steroids, breathing treatments, two inhalers, and feeling really bleh!! 
Haven't done much except for crocheting neck scarves for all the little grandkids for Christmas, and made a quilted table runner for my exchange gift with the grown kids.  We always do one of those boy-girl gift exchanges where you open a gift and if you don't want it, you either open another one or take someone else's!!  :) It gets to be quite a bit of fun if there is something everyone wants.  I made up  Texas Ranger Nine Bean Soup bags for the grown kids too, and have several kinds of cookies to bake if I get enough energy. 
So I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year.  Be safe, don't drink and drive, and don't over eat!!  LOL  yeah, sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment