Saturday, September 12, 2015

Good grief Charley Brown!!!

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I posted.  Suppose I have no followers left at all and wouldn't blame them.  It's been a rough year, have lost several friends to the dreaded CANCER, and one of my best friends is fighting it right now.  Going on her second round of chemo, spent the first 6 months of the year in the hospital, 4 of them in ICU.  She went in for a fairly simple surgery for cancer of the esophagus, which she had already gone thru chemo for and not sure what went wrong, but everything did.  They had to put her on a vent and then couldn't get her weaned off, she had a heart attack, went into congestive heart failure, in and out of ICU so many times we lost count.  She is home now after spending 2 months in a rehab to get off the vent and oxygen.  Still has the feeding tube and I guess that was good since she is going thru this again.  She now has it on the adrenal gland of one of her kidneys and is at stage 4. They put her on some very aggressive chemo which started Thursday three days ago.  So far she has had no side effects, but it is early days yet.  If any one is reading this, please say a little prayer for her. Thank you. 

As I said in the last post, I am not making any jewelry but am still embroidering, only on fabric instead of beads.  Although I may incorporate some beading into some of my quilting that I am going to do for craft fairs when I get thru with all the quilts I am making for my family.  All 25 of them to be exact!!!  What ever was I thinking?  I have 23 tops finished and about 5 quilted,  trying to get the kids done first, the adults can wait if they have to but not the grandkids and great-grandkids.  

My health is so-so.  I have some good days and some bad days, and then some really bad days.  Like when my feet and legs swell so bad I can't hardly walk on them.  I'm on a Nebulizer treatment, 2 inhalers, and have to sleep with a C-Pap or my O2 levels hit rock bottom.   As long as I take my meds and do my treatments and watch what I eat, (low-sodium) I do pretty well.  But even with all that I can't walk very far, couple of blocks does me in.  I have a Rollator walker that has a seat and that really helps because I can sit for a minute and catch my breath no matter where I'm at.  I even use it a lot in the house when I'm trying to get housework done, like taking things from room to room or doing the laundry.   Makes me so mad at myself that I smoked for so many years!!  I quit 10 years ago but not soon enough apparently.  So if you smoke, quit!!  before it's too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment