Sunday, October 6, 2019

Turning the page!

I realized that I haven't even been on this blog for a few years and whatever I posted before was defunct. I've just about given up on quilting unless it's small things like wall hangings, table toppers, or mug rugs. Have arthritis in my shoulders and doing the big quilts is just toooo much.
However, I am still doing my beading embroidery and am learning to do fancy embroidery. I found a website called Pintangle by Sharon Boggons that is awesome!  She has a Challenge called TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesday) and shows a new stitch, actually two, every week. She has them archived on the site so you can start anytime you want. One is a regular stitch and the other is an advanced one.  Her sample patches are amazing. She is so talented!

I had tried embroidery before, but quickly became frustrated and discouraged enough that I just quit! I realized the reason I had so much trouble was that even though I thought I knew how to do the stitches, I was doing them all wrong!!

So anyway, if any of my old readers are hanging around and happen to see this, welcome back! I promise I will be around more. I'm going to make a journal of this like a young woman I found while scrolling. By calling it a journal, it takes some of the pressure off about posting. :)
So hopefully I won't bore anyone, and maybe even inspire a few.  God bless until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment