Monday, October 7, 2019

WOW!! Twice in one day!!  lol
I've heard several people ask where to find felted wool when they can't afford to spend a lot of money. That is me to a tee!  I'm disabled and on social security and I've discovered a very easy way to get large amounts of felted wool...…….FREE!!  or at least next to free.

Go to thrift stores and look for old clothing that is 80 to 100% wool. Men's suits, sports coats, women's dresses and skirts, coats, etc. Word of warning though. DO felt (wash in HOT water and dry hot) BEFORE deconstructing the garments. !!! believe me, this is something I learned the hard way!  I once did a loosely woven men's sports coat when I was very first learning about wool. Took it completely apart, and washed it, and dried it. I did end up with a little felted wool, but more of a large ball of twisted and mangled strings!  Looked like a bramble bush.  Make sure the wool is fairly tightly woven and wash first!

Headed for bed, as usual spent way to much time scrolling through Facebook!!  Good night all. Pleasant dreams of nice things. God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment